Thursday, October 24, 2013

#098: Southern Star Brewing Company » Walloon (Farmhouse Ale)

Killing time with cans...


The Brewery: Southern Star Brewing Company (Conroe, TX)
The Brew:  Walloon (Farmhouse)
Availability: 12 oz. cans / draft
ABV: 5.5%
Rating: 8/10
Location: Borgne Restaurant (New Orleans, LA)

The Story? I happily found myself with a couple hours to kill before my shuttle to the airport and figured I'd better spend this last chance at some regional beers wisely. Walloon is Souther Star's seasonal released in July.

The Beer? A lovely craft meal beer - mild, slightly fruity, and clean. There's a hint of black and white pepper flavors in there, but it's not particularly spicy. Smooth mouthfeel without too much carbonation.

I am a fan of a good farmhouse ale and this one is clean and refreshing with a subtle dry finish that really lent itself well to the marvelous duck/sausage gumbo start to my meal.


No comments:

Post a Comment