Wednesday, October 9, 2013

#080: Hill Farmstead » Edward (American Pale Ale)

One more before leaving Hill Farmstead country...


The Brewery: Hill Farmstead (Greensboro Bend, VT)
The Brew: Edward (American Pale Ale)
Availability: Bottles (limited) & draft
ABV: 5.2% | IBUs: 85
Rating: 9.5/10
Location: Farmhouse Tap & Grill

The Story? I knew I had to make our final round at Farmhouse Tap & Grill count, as we'd be heading to The Alchemist in the morning, then back on the road for home. This would likely be my last chance at any beers that don't distribute out of Vermont.

Edward was one of two beers on tap at Hill Farmstead that we didn't get to try. I was tempted to pick up a growler of Edward on good reviews a lone, but Everett stole our hearts too quickly. A porter of that quality is nothing to balk at. That said, Edward was relatively common around Burlington and Waterbury and I figured I should experience what seems to be their flagship brew.

The Brew? My nose is immediately hit with a citrus bomb of auroma with a hint of white pepper and I am instantly happy with my decision. It's hazy, unfiltered, gold body goodness continues the allure.

Down the hatch, Edward has a great mouthfeel and a wonderfully quick, bitter finish. Lots of juicy citrus vying with hop bitterness for attention all over the core flavors. Hints of orange peel evolve into rind, pith, and grapefruit flavors further through my portion as the finish begins to build and lengthen.

Natural carbonation, local water, and dry hopping along with plenty of American hops makes a Pale to remember.

No comments:

Post a Comment