Tuesday, March 25, 2014

#212: The Bronx Brewery » Belgian Pale Ale

Delicious, citrusy Belgian-style hybrid...


The Brewery: The Bronx Brewery (Bronx, NY)
The Brew: Belgian Pale Ale
Availability: Draft Only (Seasonal)
ABV: 6.7% | IBUs: 36
Rating: 9/10
Location: Felicia's Atomic Lounge

I stopped into Felicia's last week, meeting up for a few post-work drinks to celebrate my partner's sister's birthday. I figured since I'd keep it simple with a tallboy of something tasty, but when I saw that Bronx draft handle staring back at me, I immediately ordered up a pint.

Bronx Belgian serves up a hazy, pale yellow, topped with a fluffy, staying white head. The nose is invitingly bright and full of citrus. There's not much yeast in the nose and if I didn't know better, I'd likely just expect just a pale ale coming towards my palate.

Down the hatch, this is one damn tasty brew. Smooth, buttery, yeasty flavors that finish up slightly dry with firm esters. Lively carbonation is present, but isn't took prickly. There's a slight tartness and mineral notes in there as well alongside soft citrus flavors. Yum.

Overall, an excellent example of how to properly execute a Belgian-American hybrid.

No comments:

Post a Comment