Tuesday, September 3, 2013

#055: New England Brewing » Gandhi-Bot (Double IPA)

Nectar from our robot overlords...


The Brewery: New England Brewing (Woodbridge, CT)
The Brew:  Gandhi-Bot (Double IPA)
Availability: 12 oz cans, draft
ABV: 8.8% // IBUs: 85
Rating: 10/10
Location: Ithaca Coffee Co.

The Story? Last time I was in Coffee Co. for the delicious Femme Fatale Brett, their beer guru James mentioned brews from New England Brewing would be arriving soon. I'd seen cans of their 668 Neighbor of the Beast (awesome name...) around, which obviously stuck out, but I kept forgetting to research the company further. Once again, it slipped my mind.

Thursday hit and I was on a mission to pick up a coffee-stout as a gift for a friend. Head down, I caught a glimpse of Fingerlakes Beverage Center's draft board and through to myself, "there's that New England company again, I have to check that out". The next day, Friday I see someone post to The Westy about getting New England's Gandhi-Bot on tap. "Gandhi-Bot... I definitely remember seeing that somewhere, must log this to memory."

After work, I'm still on the coffee-stout gift mission and head to Coffee Co. No luck, but they have one can of Gandhi-Bot left. Noted, but not yet worth it. If I'm getting this I want more than a can. Another time.

I'm about to leave when I spot three of my co-workers who invite me over for a round. They convince me to stay and I begin to digest the draft board... "What are you having?" spouts off one of my co-workers as my eyes widen... "Gandhi-Bot", I reply.

The Beer? Dank, densely aromatic, and fruity nose - lots of citrus and tropical fruits going on here. Even on first sip, I'm calling this one IPA perfection. Incredibly full-flavored and the full spectrum of hop power.

This one goes down like a glass of smooth hop nectar. Booming with citrus peel, grapefruit, orange, passion fruit, malt sweetness, and a bit of biscuit; all poured out in a perfectly, hazy golden liquid with a rim of white head.

Highest recommendation. I just picked up some cans this week as well, so we'll see if there's any difference from the draft. Glad the world put a flashing neon sign up for me to finally try this one. One of my new favorites.

No comments:

Post a Comment