Thursday, August 1, 2013

#035: Lagunitas - Little Sumpin' Wild (Belgian IPA) #IPAday

Put a lil somthin' wild in ya...


The Brewery: Lagunitas Brewing Co. (Petaluma, CA)
The Brew: Little Sumpin' Wild (Belgian IPA)
Availability: 6-packs (seasonal)
ABV: 8.8% | 72.5 IBUs
Rating: 8.5/10
Location: Home

The Story? I've made it through all of Lagunitas year-round offerings (they were one of the first west-coast breweries I latched onto in the early days) and most of their seasonals, though despite my love of wilds, I found myself realizing I'd never tried Little Sumpin' Wild.

My partner and I were in need of a serious relaxing hang-out night in and I was on the look for sixer of something robust and unique to split.

The Beer? Fluffy, off-white head and medium hop nose. Creamy, full mouthfeel. Very well-balanced blend of the Westmalle yeasts, robust malt, and that Lagunitas hop bite. The warming, creaminess of this beer is the real highlight. The perfectly strong, but not over-powering, Belgo-American ale.

No comments:

Post a Comment