Wednesday, December 17, 2014

#289: Boulevard Brewing Company » Tank 7 Farmhouse Ale


Boulevard Brewing Company » Tank 7 Farmhouse Ale | ABV: 8.5% | IBUs: 38
My last two out of state trips have yielded good selections of Boulevard brews I'll have a post coming soon reviewing their Rye-On-Rye and Bourbon Barrel Quad, but first this 12 oz. single of Tank 7, a farmhouse and a year-round ale in their Smokestack series.

My partner & I each picked up mixed sixers of brews we can't get in NYS to hang with back at our hotel in Philly. I'd grabbed mostly session beers, expecting good brews, but was not expecting to get bowled over as I did by this bottle.

Tank 7 pours out a rustic, hazy pale straw with foamy white head, emitting a funky, farmhouse nose with faint tropical fruit notes. It's crisp, with a medium bodied mouthfeel. Wonderfully balanced notes of hay, soft pepper spice, and lemon are supported by lively carbonation which expertly masks the 8.5% ABV.

Boulevard nailed the farmhouse style on the head with this one. Delightfully complex if you want to get heady with it, but subtly drinkable enough to throw down in succession. If / when Boulevard arrives in Upstate NY, this may end up being my go-to brew.

No comments:

Post a Comment