Monday, September 29, 2014

#273: Bandwagon Brew Pub » Sour Tripel

Bandwagon Brew Pub » Sour Tripel | ABV: ~8% | Rating: 9/10

Early last week, I found my way to REP Studio in Ithaca to record for my upcoming solo split cassette. The studio just so happens to be located above Bandwagon Brew Pub, so after a successful session, I took my engineer, and friend, down for a celebratory draft brew.

To my elation, BWB had yet another short run sour on, this time a Tripel which was brewed as a one-off for Belgium Comes to Cooperstown.

Unfortunately, the usual accompanying picture absolutely did not come out this time around, but this Sour Tripel was a glowing translucent amber with a finger of lacy, fading lacy head.

My palate gleefully enjoyed incredible fruity flavors, firmly threaded with must and Brett dryness in the finish. Throughout the glass, this tripel was incredibly juicy and drinkable with mild spice notes peaking through later on.

Another impressive brew showcasing Bandwagons resurgence thanks to head brewer, Stephen Bareford.

No comments:

Post a Comment