Wednesday, August 27, 2014

#265: High Water Brewing » Hop Logic (DIPA)


High Water Brewing » Hop Logic (DIPA) | ABV: 9.5% | IBUs: 45 | Rating: 8.9/10

Over the weekend, I was in Rochester, catching up with my sister & family in the states from the UK. We decided after a morning & early afternoon of kids-focused activity, it was time for an adult beer and beverages. Tap & Mallet, here we come.

My first brew was a solid, low ABV Berliner-style from Jacks Abby (review to come). Choice #2 was quite a bit more difficult with T&M's plentiful draft offerings. My partner & I ended up tasting their DIPA, Barleywine, and Baltic Porter - all of which were worthy candidates for a final round. To my own surprise, I passed up two of my favorite stiles for the Double IPA. It hit the spot just perfectly.

Lush, heavenly sweet malt flavors slammed with wonderful ruby red grapefruit notes - like hop nectar. Highwater packs 5 types of hops into each batch and you can tell they've done their homework, whichever they are.

Big notes of ripe apricot and resin, make way for subtler notes like vanilla. Not sure how the bottle compares this draft choice, but I'll be looking to find out soon.

Hop Logic is powerful, strong, but expertly well-balanced. A hop-head's treat, but still accessable to any bold beer drinker. Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment