Tuesday, August 26, 2014

#264: Bandwagon Brewery » Sour Blonde


Bandwagon Brewery » Sour Blonde (Aged - Wine Barrels, 4 Months)
ABV: 6.0% | Rating: 9.0

It's been... a while since I've posted about Bandwagon. Over the last year or so, I've personally found many of their draft offerings - their own and others - inconsistent, young, or even occasionally disappointing. I hate to hate on local, so I keep my blog mouth shut from time time to time. Their beers that are on, are really dead on, so I always keep a hopeful, open palate.

It was time for some post-birthday shenanigans with some very close friends who recently turned 21 and were up for exploring a bit of what downtown Ithaca had to offer for beer.

I snagged a flight of top notch brews from Cortland, Dogfish, Troegs, and the only flight that included this sour as I will always try a sour, from any brewer. I was glad I did this time around especially...

This fantastic sour kicks off with an earthy funk of Brett and backed up with firm, supportive malts. The funk really gets in there, in the nose, taste and exhale.

Notes of white peach, sour white grapes, and wet hay make for a killer tartness amongst heavy easters and a chalky dry finish. Way in the back there's even notes of sour dark cherries and red wine notes.

Once again, when Bandwagon is on, they are really on. A sour worth seeking out.

No comments:

Post a Comment