Saturday, February 7, 2015

#307: Almanac Beer Co. » Golden Gate Gose


Almanac Beer Co. » Golden Gate Gose | ABV: 5.0% 
I figured I'd start the weekend off right with a stop into Ithaca Coffee Co. as they had a several lines of Three Heads Brewing. I quickly and delightedly changed my mind once seeing 'Almanac Golden Gate Gose' scrawled on the chalkboard. Almanac recently arrived in our area and while I was able to secure a bottle of Farmer's Reserve Blackberry earlier in the week, this is my first round with Almanac on draft.

Golden Gate's nose is fairly transparent, with mild mineral and apricot notes. A fizzy inch of white head quickly fades atop a hazy, light-amber body.

Onto the palate, it's smooth & tart and far silker than many of the recent American goses. Soft coriander and a touch of salt start things off, blooming into champagne-like notes threaded with distinct apricot flavors and a hint of nectarine and lemon zest. It's bright, prickly, and tart, yet rich & full bodied. Golden Gate is a solid Gose for the colder months - a cozy Gose if you will.

No comments:

Post a Comment