Tuesday, June 24, 2014

#238: Allagash Brewing Co » Interlude 2013 (Saison)


Allagash Brewing Co » Interlude 2013 (Saison) | ABV: 9.5% | Rating: 9.2/10
Riding high from the Cantillon, I decided to make another selection from Pig + Fish's reserve menu. For a moment, I mixed up which Allagash I'd pictured in my mine, and thinking for a moment I'd just bought a bottle of beer I have in the fridge back home. Close, turns out I have the 2012. Crisis averted (insert smirk).

This saison is fermented with Belgian farmhouse yeast and a house-Brettanomyces, partially aged in red wine barrels.

Interlude hits the tongue with bright, juicy apricot notes, finishing off with an aridly dry finish. Distinct mild red wine mouthcoat with elegant flavors of pear, crusty bread, and plum.

Overall, Interlude walks softly, offering up complex wine and Am-Belgian hybrid qualities that ever never overbearing and remain tastefully drinkable.

No comments:

Post a Comment